Monday, November 15, 2010

Final Blog

I am sad to say that this is our last week of blogging in PR Research.  Over the semester I have learned a great amount on what public research really is, and why it is so important in the industry.  I have discussed what I have learned in research class and have been able to tie in the connection of the field of medicine.  Our final post is pertaining to discussing two different classmate's blogs and what we found interesting about them.

The first blog I found interesting was Kevin's blog on survey research in the supplement industry.  Not only did I find his blog interesting and informative but I was able to relate to what he had to say on a personal level.  Having some knowledge in the supplement industry I too also agree that survey research is a very efficient, inexpensive, and productive way to get statistical quantitative results very fast.  Also, since the consumer is the one taking the survey and giving his/her feedback, it becomes very beneficial to the company manufacturing the supplement when researching what can be changed or improved in the product to benefit the consumer.

The second blog that interested me was Andrew's blog on experimental research being conducted on the difference between aluminum and wooden bats.  Like Andrew said, I agree that it is ridiculous to allow college level players to use aluminum bats, especially the more powerful hitters that are eventually going to be drafted in the majors.  In the study he talks about, the aluminum bats are dominating the market and I think there should be a line drawn at a certain level when it comes to putting the players, pitcher especially, at such a high risk of getting hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment