Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blog Reviews

The first blog I read that I can relate to is Kevin's blog, titled Sports PR: Fitness and Supplement Industry.  I was very interested in his blog mainly because I have a strong awareness for fitness, nutrition, and even the ethics behind the supplements that are on the market today.  It is essential to do your research and reviews when looking to buy products in stores such as GNC, Vitamin Shop, and even underground websites.  Kevin talks about the researching of ingredients to mix into supplements which I agree is extremely important since the product will be eventually consumed by the consumer, us.  He then discussed the website for supplement reviews.  I also agree that reviewing people's opinions on their experience with the supplements before purchasing is a great tool for research in the supplement industry.  My friend once took NO-Explode and then experienced a very increased heart rate, until later searching reviews that said the same thing.

The second blog I read was Brittany's blog on the Jay-Z/Eminem concert.  Not only am I a huge fan of Jay-Z and Eminem, but grew up listening to their music as they became two of the greatest rappers alive.  The concert was a once in a life time opportunity to experience and unfortunately I was not able to attend because I waited until the last minute.

I like how Brittany compared the concert fan turn-out based on the levels of evaluation we learned in class.  The fact they were able to fill Yankee Stadium with over 40,000 fans both nights amazes me.  Even though I feel like the PR people in charge of the concert promoted it very well, at the same time I feel like as the long as they got the word of Jay-Z and Eminem coming to town, word of mouth would have done the rest.  However, I do feel like measuring the concert with the five levels of promotion would be very interesting when finding out the actual outcome and outgrowth levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment